Work permit

Loren ipsum dolor sit amet.

Work permit

Minors ages 17 and under must have a work permit to work in television or film in New York.

New York State law requires each child performer to have a valid Employment Permit for a Child Performer from the New York State Department of Labor.

First-time applicants may apply online at

The online application is for a one-time-only 15 day work permit that will be granted to new applicants for a New York State Department of Labor Employment Permit for a Child Performer. To repeat, this permit is only valid for 15 days to allow the applicant time to mail the required documentation and application. All permit renewals will be processed by the mail only.

In order to complete the processing of this online application, you will need to have a printer available. You cannot complete this application unless you are able to print out the documents at the end of the process. You will be unable to obtain the 15-day permit any other way.

In order to obtain a regular 1 year permit, please mail to the NY State Department of Labor a signed copy of the Application for an Employment Permit for a Child Performer that will be printed at the end of this session along with the required documents. A list of the required documents will be included in the Submission Instructions that will print at the end of the session. No future 15-day permits will be issued to your child.

Permit must be renewed 30 days prior to expiration.

A child must also open a locked trust account. Fifteen percent (15%) of each paycheck will be deposited directly by the Payroll Company.

The following banks offer such an account:

Actor's Federal Credit Union @ (212) 869 8926. No monthly fees and $0 opening balance requirement.

Chase - (800) 242 7324 "Lifeline Savings: Uniform Gift to Minors Act". No monthly fees, $1 opening balance.